Crave giveaway: 'Smart scarf' by designer Diana Eng
Bundle up! Jack Frost scarf by geek designer and former "Project Runway" contestant changes patterns according to temperature.
Everyone's wrapping themselves in scarves right about now, but this week's prize, a thermochromatic smart scarf, will seriously set you apart from the scarf-wearing masses.
The Jack Frost scarf from self-proclaimed "fashion nerd" designer Diana Eng bears snowflakes that appear and grow larger when temperatures dip below 65 degrees. The more the temp drops, the bigger the snowflakes get. The cotton, machine-washable scarf scarf measures 10x72 inches.
You may remember Eng as a contestant on the reality show "Project Runway" a few years back. Since then, she's continued to design geeky garb and also penned "," a guide to making DIY techno-wear such as jackets with built-in speakers and digital lockets that let you display photos from your digicam, phone, and e-mails.
The light-blue Jack Frost scarf, inspired by frost on window panes, is part of Eng's Smart Scarf Mini Collection. The collection also includes a scarf knitted using the Fibonacci number sequence and a biomimetic scarf that mimics folding patterns found in leaves.
Normally, the Jack Frost scarf would cost you $60, but here's your chance to don one for free. So how do you try to win this week's prize? Let me enumerate the basic rules. Please read them carefully; there will be a test.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the "Join CNET" link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful, it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive one (1) Diana Eng Jack Frost scarf with a retail value of $60.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the contest. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Monday, December 12, at 12 p.m. ET.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules) :
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 p.m. ET on Monday, December 12, 2011.for details.