Crave giveaway: Samsung Galaxy S II, Epic 4G Touch (Sprint)
Calling all smartphone fans. You're not going to want to miss this week's Crave giveaway, so dial it in here.
Congrats to Dianna S. of West Sacramento, Calif., for winning the IoSafe Solo G3 in last week's giveaway. The external hard drive should come in quite handy for backing up all her data, but this week's prize will come in handy in case you need to call for back up.
Up for grabs is the Samsung Galaxy S II, Epic 4G Touch for Sprint. Aside from having the longest name in cell phone history, the Android smartphone offers a spacious and sharp 4.5-inch Super AMOLED Plus touch screen, a dual-core processor, and support for Sprint's 4G WiMax network.
In addition, the handset features a front-facing 2-megapixel camera and a rear-facing 8-megapixel camera that takes excellent photos and can record 1080p HD video.
Normally, the Samsung Epic 4G Touch would retail for $499.99 off contract, but here's your chance to get one for free. (Note: You will be responsible for signing up for your own voice and data plan.) How? Well, there are a few rules, so please read carefully. There will be a test.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the Join CNET link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful, it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive one (1) Samsung Galaxy S II, Epic 4G Touch for Sprint with a retail value of $499.99.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the contest. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Monday, April 9, at 12 p.m. ET.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 p.m. ET on Monday, April 9, 2012.for details.