Crave giveaway: Panasonic Link2Cell home handset
This week we're giving away a cordless home phone answering system for the cellular age that connects two cell phones to the base unit.
Congrats to Angela C. of Allen, Mich., for winning a Soundmatters Dash 7 portable Bluetooth speaker in last week's giveaway. This week's prize brings more Bluetooth, in the form of the Panasonic KX-TG7872S, a home handset that uses the company's Link2Cell technology to sync two cell phones to the base unit.
Panasonic calls its Link2Cell devices "convergence" phones. What would you do with such a thing? Let's say you and your housemates have just gotten home and need to recharge your cell phones. While they're wired up and powering, you can make and receive cell calls from anywhere in the house using this cordless phone. If you get a text message, the unit will audibly alert you. A Talking Caller ID speaks incoming-call information.
The Link2Cell device is also good for those with pockets of poor home reception. By placing your cell phone where reception is best, you can communicate clearly from anywhere using the KX-TG7872S. It works with or without one of those curious landline thingies (see this PDF for compatible mobile phones, including the iPhone up to the iPhone 5 and a number of Android phones, BlackBerrys, and Windows phones). The device promises up to 10 hours of talk time per battery charge.
Normally, a Panasonic KX-TG7872S would run you $109.95, but this is your chance to get one for free. How? There are a few rules, so please read carefully.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the "Join CNET" link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful, it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated. How about telling us how you'd use the Panasonic KX-TG7872S if you won it?
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive one (1) Panasonic KX-TG7872S Link2Cell handset, with a retail value of $109.95.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the sweepstakes. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until 12 p.m. ET on Monday, November 4.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OLD OR AGE OF MAJORITY, WHICHEVER IS OLDER IN YOUR STATE OF RESIDENCE AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 p.m. ET on Monday, November 4, 2013.for details.