OK, this week we've got another two-for-one special here on Crave, but instead of software, this time it's hardware. Thanks to a donation from Cisco, we've got both an "enthusiast" wireless router, the new Linksys E4200 Maximum Performance Dual-Band Wireless-N Router (Cisco owns Linksys), as well the user-friendly Cisco Valet Plus, which is geared toward non-tech savvy folks.
In his review, Editor Dong Ngo said the Valet Plus will change the way you think about setting up your home network. "The Cisco Valet Plus is by far the easiest wireless router to use to date," he wrote. "It also has great range, decent performance, and comes with effective wireless-networking management software for home users." (Read the
Meanwhile, Ngo also had high praise for the new Linksys E4200, which he said was "the first advanced router from Cisco that will make both novice and savvy users happy, thanks to its easy-to-use desktop application, comprehensive Web interface, great design, and stellar performance." (Read the
Normally, this pair of wireless routers would cost you about $350, but we're giving it away gratis. So, how do you try to win it? Let me enumerate the basic rules. Please read them carefully; there will be a test.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the "Join CNET" link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful, it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive (1) Linksys E4200 wireless router and Cisco Valet Plus wireless router with a retail value of $350.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. Winner must respond within three days of the end of the contest. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Monday, January 24 at 12 PM EST.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 PM EST on January 24, 2011.for details.