Here we go again with another installment of the Crave Giveaway of the Week. This week's gadget: The Vuzix AV310 wearable display.
How's it work? Well, you connect your iPod, iPhone, or portable DVD player to it with the included cable, strap this puppy on, and your small video screen is magically transformed into a large, 16:9, wide-screen home theater with a virtual 52-inch display (as seen from 9 feet). It may not have the highest resolution (read: the screen isn't supersharp), but there's a certain novelty to the whole apparatus--and it's sure to get you some attention if you wear it around in public.
Normally, the Vuzix AV310 costs about $250, but you have a chance to get one gratis.
So, how do you try to win a free Vuzix AV310? Let me enumerate the basic rules. Please read them carefully; there will be a test.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the "Join CNET" link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive one (1) Vuzix AV310. Approximate retail value is $250.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. Winners must respond within three days of the end of the contest. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Monday, June 29, at 12 p.m. EDT.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 PM EDT on June 29, 2009. Seefor details.