We interrupt this weekly Crave giveaway to make the following important announcement: CNET.com and CNET TV have won a total of three Webby Awards.
Earlier this week, we learned that CNET TV picked up the People's Choice and the judge's award in the technology category, besting video offerings from Al Gore-funded Current TV, Engadget, and The Onion (of which we're big fans).
Additionally, CNET.com was the People's Voice Winner in the guides/ratings/reviews category, out-polling Web sites such as TripAdvisor, Yelp, and Metacritic, another property of CBS Interactive that earned the judge's award in this category.
So, what's that have to do with Crave and the weekly giveaway, you ask? Well, since two of the awards are the result of our users actually taking the time to register and vote for CNET, we decided one of you should join us at the awards ceremony in New York (sorry, we're only providing the entrance ticket--travel, hotel and whatnot is the winner's responsibility. And, no, we don't know yet who from CNET will be attending). The details are: June 14, 55 Wall Street in New York City, starting at 5:30 and hosted by B.J Novak of "The Office."
How do you try to win a seat at the CNET table? Let me enumerate the basic rules. Please read them carefully; there will be a test.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the "Join CNET" link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive (1) ticket to the Webby awards in New York City. Approximate retail value is $400.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. Winners must respond within three days of the end of the contest. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Monday, May 10 at noon EDT.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 PM EDT on May 10, 2010.for details.