Crave giveaway of the week: Philips 9-inch portable DTV
For this week's giveaway, we're serving up a 9-inch Philips portable DTV, the PVD900/37.
With the transition to DTV not yet a year old, you probably haven't invested in a new portable DTV that pulls in over-the-air digital signals. Good news! You can now win one--a new 9-inch Philips PVD900/37 portable DTV--in our Crave giveaway of the week.
While the wide-screen PVD900 doesn't have HD resolution--it offers 600x220-pixel resolution--you can view HD stations. Its other features include a built-in QAM tuner for receiving unscrambled digital cable stations (yes, you can hook this up to a cable connection in your home) and up to 3 hours of battery life from a single charge. If you're hoping that this works in a moving vehicle, sorry, these guys aren't designed for that; however, you can tailgate with the PVD900 in a parking lot.
Normally, Philips PVD900 would cost about $150, but you have the chance to get it gratis.
So, how do you try to win this Philips portable DTV? Let me enumerate the basic rules. Please read them carefully; there will be a test.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the "Join CNET" link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive (1) Philips PVD900/37 portable DTV. Approximate retail value is $150.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. Winners must respond within three days of the end of the contest. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Monday, March 22 at 12 PM EST.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 PM EST on March 22, 2010. Seefor details.