Crave giveaway of the week: Nokia N97 Mini
To help commemorate the launch of its new Ovi Store, Nokia is giving one lucky Crave reader an N97 Mini smartphone.
In case you haven't heard, Nokia's launched its answer to Apple's App Store, the Ovi Store. To help kick things off, Nokia and its Ovi Store are giving away an unlocked N97 Mini to one lucky Crave reader (sorry, service isn't included).
Nokia describes theas a one-stop-shop for free and paid content, with support for a range of device types--from smartphones to feature phones. "Globally, Nokia device owners, in more than 180 countries, across more than 100 Nokia device models in 30 languages have access to the Ovi Store," according to Nokia. "Many of the content industry's biggest names along with independent application developers are distributing their media, applications and games through the Ovi Store by Nokia."
That's all good news to Nokia owners and we look forward to taking a spin in the new store ourselves and give you the complete lowdown.
Normally, an unlocked N97 Mini would cost you about $479, but you have the chance to get it gratis. Read CNET's.
So, how do you try to win the N97 Mini? Let me enumerate the basic rules. Please read them carefully; there will be a test.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the "Join CNET" link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive (1) unlocked N97 Mini smartphone (no service). Approximate retail value is $479.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. Winners must respond within three days of the end of the contest. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Monday, February 1 at 11:59:59 a.m. EST.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 PM ET on February 1, 2010. Seefor details.