Crave giveaway: Nuance Dragon Dictate for Mac 3
Prefer to compute the hands-free way? Give us a high five. This week's freebie is Nuance's latest version of Dragon Dictate speech recognition software for the Mac.
Congrats to Craig L. of East Wenatchee, Wash., for winning a $200 gift certificate to geek shop KlearGear.com in last week's giveaway, and to Chuck V. of Eden Prairie, Minn., for scoring a bag of CES swag the week before that. Now, on to this week's business...
Are you a fan of speech recognition software? Put your hands up in the air. We're giving away a copy of the latest version of Nuance's Dragon Dictate for Mac.
Dragon Dictate for Mac 3 promises 15 percent better out-of-the box accuracy than its predecessor, as well as faster mistake correction, among other improvements. Also, if you like to capture your spontaneous fits of genius using a digital voice recorder or iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, the software will transcribe the recorded audio files when you connect to your Mac.
Normally, Dragon Dictate for Mac 3 would cost you $199.99, but you have the chance to get it for zero, nada, bupkis. How do you go about doing that? There are a few rules from our department of people who make rules, so please read carefully.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the Join CNET link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful, it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive one (1) copy of Nuance Dragon Dictate for Mac 3, with a retail value of $199.99.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the sweepstakes. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Monday, February 11, at 12 p.m. ET.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OLD OR AGE OF MAJORITY, WHICHEVER IS OLDER IN YOUR STATE OF RESIDENCE AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 p.m. ET on Monday, February 11, 2013.for details.