Crave giveaway: littleBits starter kits
Get your creative juices flowing and learn how electronics work with this week's Crave giveaway prize, two littleBits starter kits filled with magnetic circuit boards.
First off, congrats to Robert C. of Atlanta for winning last week's prize, two DeskPets TankBots toy robots and a Griffin Helo TC remote-controlled helicopter.
Now, onto this week's giveaway. I had a blast last week creating a robot using, and now you have an opportunity to build a robot of your own, or whatever you please, with these magnetic circuit boards.
As promised, we're giving away two littleBits starter kits this week. There are 11 modules in a box, and each part has a specific function, such as power, motor, light, or switch. They snap together via magnets, so there's no need to solder or program anything, and all you need to create a working circuit board is a power source and some kind of output, which are all provided in the kit.
Since only one person can win this giveaway, be sure to register for CNET Exclusives and check this page next week to get littleBits for a special price.
littleBits was created by engineer and interactive artist Ayah Bdeir, who wanted to come up with a way to get kids (and adults) interested in learning how electronics work, so it's an educational tool, as well as a great source of fun.
Normally, a littleBits starter kit costs $89, but the winner will get two for free. How? Well, there are a few rules, so please read them carefully. There will be a test. And since only one reader can win this giveaway, be sure to register for CNET Exclusives and check this page next week to get littleBits for a special price.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the Join CNET link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful, it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive two (2) littleBits starter kits with a retail value of $178.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the contest. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Monday, February 20, at 12 p.m. ET.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 p.m. ET on Monday, February 20, 2012.for details.