Congrats to Kelly W. of Twentynine Palms, Calif., for winning four waterproof iDevice cases from LifeProof and and Incipio in last week's giveaway. What do you see when you look at this week's prize? Think carefully; your answer might say a lot about you. We're giving away a Kisai Rorschach wristwatch from Tokyoflash.
Like other watches from the purveyor of wacky timepieces, this one takes a circuitous route to telling you it's 5 o'clock. It uses an e-paper display from E Ink to create inkblots in increasing levels of difficulty.
The hour appears in the top right, and the minutes on the bottom left, with the rest of the inkblot pattern a mirror image of the figures that creates the inkblot effect of a Rorschach test. Pushing a button on the side of the watch increases the inscrutability of the blots, or changes the display to an inky readout of the date. Got all that? If not, it's OK. You can always rely on your phone to actually tell the time and just wear the Rorschach as a cool-looking conversation piece and handy tool for assessing your friends' personalities.
Normally, a Kisai Rorschach would run you $199, but here's your chance to get one in black stainless steel for free and have the most distinctive wrist in the room. How do you go about doing that? There are a few rules, so please read carefully. And to see more bizarre timepieces from our tour of Tokyoflash, click on the gallery below.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the "Join CNET" link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful, it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive one (1) Tokyoflash Kisai Rorschach wristwatch, with a retail value of $199.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the sweepstakes. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until 12 p.m. ET on Monday, February 24.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OLD OR AGE OF MAJORITY, WHICHEVER IS OLDER IN YOUR STATE OF RESIDENCE AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 p.m. ET on Monday, February 24, 2014. See official rules for details.