Target wants you to know that it's carrying the new Kindle With Special Offers so it gave us one to give away to one lucky reader. It says it's the first retailer to get the $114 Kindle in stores and if you happen to have a Target RedCard, you can also save 5 percent on your purchase. Woo-hoo.
For those of you who don't know what the Kindle with Special Offers is, it's an ad-supported version of the Wi-Fi only third-generation Kindle, which would run you $139. Some of those ads are for "special" deals and Amazon hopes that the quality of those deals end up being a welcome intrusion rather than a nuisance. (Read my full first take).
Normally, the Kindle With Special Offers costs $114, but you have a chance to get one gratis. So, how do you try to win this special Kindle? Let me enumerate the basic rules. Please read them carefully; there will be a test.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the "Join CNET" link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful, it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive one (1) Kindle With Special Offers with a retail value of $114.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the contest. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Monday, May 2, at 12 p.m. EST.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 p.m. EST on May 2, 2011.for details.