Crave giveaway: iKit NuCharge iPhone 5 case and battery
Get a fashionable and functional 2-in-1 accessory for your iPhone with this portable power and case solution now making a run on Kickstarter.
Congrats to David M. of Charlottesville, Va., for winning five magazine subscriptions from digital newsstand Zinio in last week's giveaway. Got an iPhone 5? We're giving away a case that promises to double its power.
The 2-in-1 iKit NuCharge consists of a snap-on case with built-in grooves that connect to either a colored brushed-leather smart cover or a 1,900 mAh battery pack that delivers 225 hours standby, 8 hours of Web browsing, 8 hours of talk time, 10 hours of video, and 40 hours of audio. The whole setup is slim and lightweight for easily placement in pockets and comes with a built-in reinforced aluminum kickstand for viewing.
The gadget from London developer Shark Design has already exceeded its $15,000 fund-raising goal on Kickstarter with almost two weeks to go. With final units already made, this week's winner will be one of the first to own one before the campaign ends and the NuCharge goes on sale for a suggested retail price of $84.95.
So how do you go about becoming that fortunate first adopter? There are a few rules, so please read carefully.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the Join CNET link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful, it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive one (1) iKit NuCharge, with a retail value of $84.95.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the sweepstakes. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Monday, March 18, at 12 p.m. ET.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OLD OR AGE OF MAJORITY, WHICHEVER IS OLDER IN YOUR STATE OF RESIDENCE AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 p.m. ET on Monday, March 18, 2013.for details.