Crave giveaway: Geektastic Comic-Con gift pack
OK, geeks, remember to breathe. Coming to you straight from the Comic-Con 2012 show floor, this week's prize includes signed comics, mini action figures, and more.
First off, congrats to last week's giveaway winner, Kristen M. of Atlanta, for winning an Age of Empires helmet signed by the Age of Empires Online development team.
Now, didn't make it to Comic-Con this year? Comic-Con's coming to you -- in a big way. Seth Rosenblatt, one of our CNETers , scoured the place for stuff he thought Crave readers would like. And holy swag, Batman, did he hit a geek gold mine!
The winner of this giveaway gets a whole gaggle of prizes, including a slipcased edition of Image Comics' "The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor"; a Shadowline "Fractured Fables" anthology featuring the work of more than 50 acclaimed graphic novelists; a special-edition "Courtney Crumrin and the Night Things" signed by author Ted Naifeh; and a fresh stash of comics -- among them Hellboy from Dark Horse Comics, The Tower Chronicles from Legendary, and Showdevils from Mother Mind signed by the creative team and The Enigma himself.
DC Comics also supplied three #1 comics from the New 52, including first printings of Aquaman #1 and Action Comics #1.
In addition, we're including a Mimoco Chewbacca microSD drive and card reader, and from DC Universe, a Catwoman keyring and Green Lantern and Sinestro mini action figures. You'll find a few other surprises in the box (and wait til you see next week's Comic-Con-related big-ticket prize).
Normally, this bundle of geek fabulous would set you back approximately $200, but you have the chance to get it free. So how do you do that? Well, there are a few rules, so put down the cosplay body paint for a moment and listen up.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the Join CNET link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful, it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive one (1) bag of Comic-Con swag, with a retail value of approximately $200.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the contest. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Monday, July 23, at 12 p.m. ET.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OLD OR AGE OF MAJORITY, WHICHEVER IS OLDER IN YOUR STATE OF RESIDENCE AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 p.m. ET on Monday, July 23, 2012.for details.