Crave giveaway: Five magazine subscriptions from Zinio
Like to read? Digital newsstand Zinio's offering up five free magazine subscriptions from its tech and science section. Dem's a lot of words.
Congrats to Richard G. of Hilton Head Island, S.C., for winning two leather iPad cases from Kavaj in last week's giveaway. This week, we're giving away words. Lots and lots of words!
They're not just any words, however. They're words about science and technology. This week's winner gets to pick five magazine subscriptions from the tech section of digital newsstand Zinio. Among the many choices: Macworld, PCWorld, Wired, Smithsonian, NewScientist, Home Theater Magazine, PCGamer, and PC Playgirl (nah, not really; just making sure you're paying attention). It's totally up to you.
Zinio just got named best iOS magazine app during the Best App Ever Awards at Mobile World Congress (it works with Android, too). Normally, five magazine subscriptions from Zinio would cost you around $75 (or more, if you opt for the pricier reads), but you're getting 'em for free. How do you go about doing that? Please read carefully; there are a few rules.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the Join CNET link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful, it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive five (5) magazine subscriptions from Zinio, with a retail value of about $75.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the sweepstakes. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Monday, March 11, at 12 p.m. ET.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OLD OR AGE OF MAJORITY, WHICHEVER IS OLDER IN YOUR STATE OF RESIDENCE AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 p.m. ET on Monday, March 11, 2013.for details.