Crave giveaway: Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11.5
This week, we're giving away Nuance's recently released Dragon Naturally Speaking 11.5 Home Edition for Windows, which promises faster, better speech recognition than its predecessor.
This week's giveaway is really something to talk about. The winner will score Nuance's Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11.5 Home Edition for Windows, an upgrade from Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11.
Nuance promises that the software refresh, released last month, delivers faster, better speech recognition. In fact, the company says this version boasts 15 percent greater accuracy out of the box than Dragon 10, and can reduce recognition errors by up to 35 percent compared with Dragon 9.
Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11.5 Home Edition also features new voice commands that let you post to Facebook and Twitter (get ready to start talking in 140 characters), along with new formatting and editing commands and more shortcuts.
Normally, Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11.5 Home Edition for Windows would cost $99.99, but you have the chance to get it gratis. That's a great deal for anyone who suffers the perils of too much typing--or really, really likes to talk.
So, how do you try to win Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11.5 Home Edition for Windows? Let me enumerate the basic rules. Please read them carefully; there will be a test (spoken, of course).
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the "Join CNET" link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful, it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive one (1) Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11.5 Home Edition for Windows with a retail value of $99.99.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the contest. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Monday, July 18, at 12 p.m. EST.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 p.m. EST on July 18, 2011.for details.