Congrats to Mark W. of Pearland, Texas, for winning a SwingSmart Duo golf analysis tool from NewSpin Golf in last week's giveaway. This week's prize ought to get people talking. It's speech recognition software.
We've got a copy of the latest iteration of Dragon Dictate for Mac, version 4. This version promises better accuracy, and also transcribes text from prerecorded, single-speaker audio files in a number of formats, including MP3, MP4, and WAV. This could come in especially handy for students and teaching assistants wanting to transcribe lectures, or field workers needing to transcribe interviews.
Normally, version 4 of Dragon Dictate for Mac would run you $199.99, but this copy will run you $0. How do you go about winning it? There are a few rules, so please read carefully.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the "Join CNET" link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful, it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive one (1) copy of Nuance Communications' Dragon Dictate for Mac, version 4, with a retail value of $199.99.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the sweepstakes. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Monday, April 14, 12 p.m. ET.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules):
NO PURCHASE OR WIRELESS DEVICE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OLD OR AGE OF MAJORITY, WHICHEVER IS OLDER IN YOUR STATE OF RESIDENCE AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 p.m. ET on Monday, April 14, 2014. See official rules for details.