First off, congratulations to Andrew S. of Champaign, Ill., for winning last week's freebie, a copy of Nuance Dragon Dictate 2.5 for Mac.
Now for this week's prize, which is all about app-controlled fun. For starters, you'll get two cute little TankBots remote-controlled toy robots, which you maneuver with your iOS or Android device and a corresponding free app.
The DeskPets device uses its built-in accelerometer as a steering mechanism, allowing you to drive the TankBot around, navigating mazes, avoiding obstacles, chasing pets, and scaring houseguests.
You'll also score a Griffin Helo TC, a remote-controlled helicopter flown via iOS and Android devices and a free app that transforms the multitouch display into flight controls. The Touch-to-Fly mode uses the multitouch display to control Helo TC's throttle and joystick, while the Tilt-to-Fly lets users tilt the iOS device to move the helicopter forward, backward, and side to side (but hopefully not straight into your forehead).
Normally, two TankBots would cost you $49.99, and a Griffin Helo TC would also set you back $49.99. So how do you go about trying to get this bundle o' fun gratis? There are a few rules, so please read them carefully; there will be a test.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the Join CNET link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful, it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive two (2) DeskPet TankBots and one (1) Griffin Helo TC with a retail value of about $99.99.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the contest. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Monday, February 13, at 12 p.m. ET.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 p.m. ET on Monday, Monday, February 13, 2012.for details.