Crave giveaway: Crux360 iPad case with add-on keyboard
Ever wish your iPad were a MacBook? Play dress-up with the Crux360, which gives your tablet a Bluetooth keyboard -- and turns it into a laptop doppelganger.
First off, a PSA: If you'd like links to the weekly Crave giveaway (plus other giveaway goodness such as hints and winners' names) beamed to your Facebook feed, please hit the shiny new Subscribe button at the base of my bio below this story. Pause for button press...
OK, now that you've done that, congrats to Stephanie D. of Saint James, Mo., for winning a custom-designed CNET-branded Timbuk2 bag in last week's giveaway!
You may recall reading about the Crux360's cousin, the CruxSkunk, which as my, might sound like it would make your iPad smell a bit skunky, but like the Crux360 is really a cool case/add-on Bluetooth keyboard that goes full throttle to imitate Apple's MacBook aesthetic.
The CruxSkunk recently completed a successful funding run on Kickstarter, exceeding its $90,000 goal to hit $248,615. It's now in production and should be available in January. The $99 Crux360 has been out for a while already, and you have a chance to get one for free! How do you go about doing that? There are a few rules, so please read carefully; there will be a test.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the Join CNET link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful, it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive one (1) Crux360 with a retail value of $99.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the sweepstakes. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Monday, October 15, at 12 p.m. ET.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OLD OR AGE OF MAJORITY, WHICHEVER IS OLDER IN YOUR STATE OF RESIDENCE AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 p.m. ET on Monday, October 15, 2012.for details.