Crave giveaway: Cisco Linksys E4200 v2 dual-band N900 router
Need a new router? You're in luck. This week, we're offering a networking device that nabbed a 2011 CNET Editors' Choice award. And you get it for free.
Congrats to Jake T. of Clinton, Utah, for winning a 16GB Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 Wi-Fi tablet in last week's giveaway. This week's prize might not be the most glamorous freebie we've ever offered, but it's definitely one of the most utilitarian.
We're giving away arouter. And as routers go, it's a mighty good one, says CNET's storage and networking reviewer Dong Ngo. He calls it a fast, feature-rich, advanced yet easy-to-use router for the home or small business--and routers of 2011 (if not the best).
The E4200 v2 packs more power than. It supports the latest 3-by-3 (450Mbps) configuration on both 5GHz and 2.4GHz bands; sports a much faster processor that runs at 1.2GHz (compared with 480MHz on the original); has a much faster USB port; and can host up to 50 clients on the guest network.
Normally, the Cisco Linksys E4200 v2 Maximum Performance Dual-Band N900 router would cost you around $200, but you have the chance to get one free. How? Well, there are a few rules, so please read carefully.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the Join CNET link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful, it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive one (1) Cisco Linksys E4200 v2 Maximum Performance Dual-Band N900 router with a retail value of approximately $200.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the contest. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Monday, March 19, at 12 p.m. ET.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 p.m. ET on Monday, March 19, 2012.for details.