Congrats to Michael P. of Roswell, Ga., for winning a pair of V-Moda Crossfade M-100 headphones in last week's giveaway. This week, we have a multitasking home-networking device for you.
The Arris-Motorola SBG6782-AC Gateway (say that 10 times fast) is a combination cable modem and next-gen 802.11ac router with combined Wi-Fi speeds of up to 1,800Mbps and a range of more than 450 feet. On the wired side, it's got a built-in four-port Gigabit Ethernet router for connection of up to four devices and also supports Multimedia over Coaxial (MoCA), which lets users extend Wi-Fi over existing coaxial cable to create a wired Ethernet network.
The device measures 8.8 inches tall, 2.1 inches wide, and 10.1 inches deep inches and weighs 10.5 pounds -- large because the product bundles several functions in a single box. It's compatible with major U.S. cable providers such as Comcast/Xfinity, Cox, and Cablevision. And, perhaps most importantly, it's the only router/modem combo device that ourfor cable Internet users. Before it came out, Dong always recommended getting a modem and separate router. (Please note that the name of the product has changed slightly since Dong reviewed it.)
So how do you go about winning this device for free? There are a few rules, so please listen up.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the "Join CNET" link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful, it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive one (1) Arris-Motorola SBG6782-AC Gateway, with a retail value of $220.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the sweepstakes. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until 12 p.m. ET on Monday, December 23.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OLD OR AGE OF MAJORITY, WHICHEVER IS OLDER IN YOUR STATE OF RESIDENCE AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 p.m. ET on Monday, December 23, 2013.for details.