Crave giveaway: All 52 of DC Comics' 3D Villains Month comics
What makes DC Comics' bad guys even badder? Appearing on 3D covers, without the need for pesky glasses. Here's your chance to win the whole set of Villains Month comics. That's a lot of evil.
Congrats to Ruben G. of Los Angeles for winning a SanDisk Extreme II solid-state drive last week. This week, we have a gloriously geeky giveaway (and one that clearly appreciates alliteration).
We're offering a set of 52 DC Comics honoring Villains Month. But these aren't just any comic books. They feature special covers that use lenticular technology to showcase the likes of Lex Luthor, Deathstroke, and Harley Quinn in 3D -- without the need for annoying glasses. Most of these comics were allocated before they hit stores and sold out the week they were published, so they're hard to find.
As my comics-loving CNET colleague Seth Rosenblattearlier this year, the covers showcase 3D motion without glasses by printing the artwork directly in the plastic. See his gallery below for more on how these lenticular covers were made.
Each book in the New 52 set sells for $3.99, and you'll be getting all of them, making this gorgeous geek gaggle worth about $208. So what do you have to do to win these collector's items? There are a few rules, so please read carefully.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the "Join CNET" link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful, it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive one (1) set of DC Comics Villains Month comics, with a retail value of about $208.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the sweepstakes. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until 12 p.m. ET on Monday, November 18.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OLD OR AGE OF MAJORITY, WHICHEVER IS OLDER IN YOUR STATE OF RESIDENCE AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 p.m. ET on Monday, November 18, 2013.for details.