Crave giveaway: $300 in customized men's shirts
This week's giveaway offers a chance to design $300 worth of your own men's shirts at custom-shirt Web site ShirtsMyWay. You know, actual button-up shirts. Look sharp, feel sharp!
First off, congratulations to Carl G. of Carmel, N.Y., who won an Eton Soulra XL in last week's Crave giveaway! Now, on to this week's bounty, a $300 gift certificate for ShirtsMyWay, a cool site that lets you design your own custom men's dress shirts for about $75 apiece.
The process goes something like this: You go to the ShirtsMyWay site and choose from more than 60 fabrics. Then you make more choices on just about every aspect of your shirt (sleeves, cuffs, pockets), trying not to get overwhelmed by all the fashion decisions facing you. The shirt gets sent to you, and you strut around confidently like the dapper DIY geek you are. (Watch the vid below for more on the process.)
Jeff Sparkman, one of CNET's very own copy editors, tried the service awhile back andjust as much on the flesh as he did on the Web site (though he does still regret choosing the double-button collar).
Also, the experience taught him that the little strip down the front of the shirt where the buttons live is called a placket, making him an even more formidable trivia force than he already was.
So, how do you try to win the $300 ShirtsMyWay gift certificate and give yourself (or a man in your life) a wardrobe boost? Let me enumerate the basic rules. Please read them carefully; there will be a test.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the "Join CNET" link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful, it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive (1) ShirtsMyWay gift certificate with a retail value of $300.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. Winner must respond within three days of the end of the contest. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Monday, June 20 at 9 a.m. PT/noon ET.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 PM ET on June 20, 2011.for details.