Ever since Apple stopped listing exact sales numbers for iPhone App Store applications, developers have been seeking some sort of guide to how sales rank translates to actual unit totals. One developer, Joel Comm, has released rank-to-sales stats for his dubious "iFart Mobile" application, as follows:
- 12/12 - 75 units - #70 entertainment
- 12/13 - 296 units - #16 entertainment
- 12/14 - 841 units - #76 overall, #8 entertainment
- 12/15 - 1510 units - #39 overall, #5 entertainment
- 12/16 - 1797 units - #22 overall, #3 entertainment
- 12/17 - 2836 units - #15 overall, #3 entertainment
Hopefully, Joel's started a trend that will allow semi-accurate measures of iPhone application sales based on rank. If you're a developer willing to share, please post a comment or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.