Coming soon: Iriver E100
The iriver E300 is expected to hit shelves by the end of this month and will be available in 2GB, 4GB, and 8GB capacities.
Iriver had quite a showing at CES this year, but even the product managers working the booth weren't quite sure which of the many MP3 players and PVPs would be hitting the U.S. market. The only thing that seemed certain of was that it wouldn't be a lot of them.
As such, the nice young gentleman who gave me a tour of the booth stuck to the products he thought might arrive on our shores; the E100 was not among them. I'm a little disappointed I didn't get to see this player in person, but I'm pleased to say that we're going to get a crack at it here in the states.
The E100 is a pretty sleek device with an interface similar to the Clix, only controlled by a click pad or touch pad rather than the edges of the screen. I'm really digging the minimalist look and the multitude of color options. (This is unconfirmed, but I've seen images of all of the following colors: dark brown, dark gray/black, light pink, light blue, light green, dark green, and white/silver.) The E300 is expected to hit shelves by the end of this month and will be available in 2GB, 4GB, and 8GB capacities for $89.99, $109.99, and $159.99. This pricing is reasonable, especially given the fact that iriver's players of late have all boasted higher-than-average price tags. Plenty of specs after the picture.
- Size: 3.6 by 1.9 by 0.4-inches and 2 ounces
- Screen: Full color 2.4-inch TFT LCD with 320x240 resolution
- Battery life: 17 hours for audio and 5 hours for video
- Expansion: integrated microSD card slot
- Audio support: MP3, FLAC, OGG, WAV, Audible, WMA (including subscription services)
- EQ: 10 presets + SRS WOW HD + custom EQ
- Photo support: JPG, BMP, GIF
- Video support: MPEG-4, WMV SP
- Extra features: voice recording and FM tuner with 25 presets and recording