The giveaway is now over. Winners will be notified by email next week. Thank you to all our members who participated and good luck!
Editors' note: This giveaway is open to members in both the US and Canada (except Quebec). The rules have been updated to reflect this.
Welcome to my favorite contest ever.
The good folks at Lenovo (makers of some of the more innovative tech gear I've seen this year) have reached out to yours truly with the giveaway to beat all giveaways: three killer prizes just for leaving a comment right here, right now.
How killer? You stand to win one of the following:
- Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 15 This convertible laptop features a fourth-gen Intel Core i5 processor, a 15.6-inch touch screen, and Windows 8.1. It's a traditional laptop right up until you swing the screen around 300 degrees for use in stand mode, great for watching movies and slideshows, running apps, and just generally impressing the hell out of people.
- Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro This thing is off-the-charts awesome (and ). It's an Ultrabook, a hybrid, a convertible, and I think also an espresso maker. The screen resolution: 3,200x1,800. The processor: fourth-gen Intel Core i5. The keyboard: backlit. (Hey, boss, can I enter this contest too?)
- Lenovo Yoga Tablet 8 The 8-inch tablet: not too big, not too small. It's juuuust right. (Ask any iPad Mini owner.) And Lenovo's is insanely cool, with an ultra-slim design, a cylindrical edge for comfy gripping, and a built-in kickstand (which earns my vote for Best Feature Ever). It includes a quad-core processor, dual cameras, and Android 4.2.
So, how do you get your shot at this sweet loot? Simple: Just hit the comments and answer this question before midnight (PT) on Friday, Nov. 22:
Which device (tablet, flex laptop, or convertible laptop) best fits your lifestyle, and which one are you most hoping to win?
Again, please answer that question here, in the comments section. Sending me your answer via e-mail will not enter you into the contest. And if you don't see a comments section in your browser, it's probably because you're running a plug-in like Ghostery, which can interfere with Java. Alternately, perhaps you're viewing the mobile version of the page?
I'd also love it if you'd vote in the accompanying poll, though it's not a requirement. As for the official rules and all that good stuff, you can find it all below. Good luck!
Now for the fine print about how to enter:
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the Join the Conversation section below my blog post and hit the Add Your Comment button. If you're not already registered please do so. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again -- you just need to be logged in.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winners will be chosen randomly.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the sweepstakes. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Friday, November 22, at 11:59 p.m. PST.
Some legalese: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the U.S. AND CANADA (Except Quebec), 18 & older, and a Registered User of cnet.com. Void where prohibited. Ends at 12 PM PT on 11/22/13. See rules for details.
Deals found on The Cheapskate are subject to availability, expiration, and other terms determined by sellers.
Curious about what exactly The Cheapskate does and how it works?.