Here's the back-catalog of Car Tech podcast episodes.
- Car Tech 65: Early word on the next Prius
A sneak at the next Prius, what a really small car is not good at, Volvo predicts tech will enable injury-proof cars by 2020.
Date: Friday, May 02, 2008 02:17 PM
- Car Tech 64: A place were the Prius is a tough sell
Some Chrysler dealers won't sell cars, where the Prius is hard to sell, new AVIC head units from Pioneer, and a ride in the Ford Edge.
Date: Friday, April 25, 2008 12:24 PM
- Car Tech 63: Chrysler and Nissan to swap cars
Prepare for the "Chrysler Titan" and "Nissan Horneyt"? Alcohol detectors for everyone, Tesla sues Fisker and Magna sues Tesla. Plus a ride in BMW's newest M car.
Date: Friday, April 18, 2008 04:54 PM
- Car Tech 62: A brand new sports car from two Japanese heavies
Two Japanese brands combine for a new sports car, better traffic reports through artificial intelligence, blind spot radar is the hot new thing, and a ride in Audi's supercar.
Date: Friday, April 11, 2008 07:06 PM
- Car Tech 61: Plug in hybrids just got a lot more real
California mandates plug-in hybrids, OnStar will work with MapQuest, your remote key fob may be hacked, plus: Our first drive in a 911.
Date: Saturday, April 05, 2008 11:18 AM
- Car Tech 60: The future of navigation arrives -- finally.
Express launches, Ford sells Jag & Land Rover, Mercedes goes HD, and we drive the Dodge Journey R/T.
Date: Sunday, March 30, 2008 06:47 PM
- Car Tech 59: New Camaro -- now with 50% less cojones!
Everything cool from the New York auto show, do red light cameras work *too* well, Cadillac will be first with all-LED headlights, and a ride in the RDX loaded with tech.
Date: Sunday, March 23, 2008 10:24 PM
- Car Tech 58: GM honcho thinks green cars are a crock -- but he'll sell you one!
GM exec says global warming is a "crock of s---", Volvo's plug-in hybrid hits the road, cars that park like shopping carts and a ride in what is very likely the most desirable Honda of all time.
Date: Friday, March 14, 2008 04:50 PM
- Car Tech 57: Geneva Motor Show Edition: What a Wild Show!
Geneva wows us with submersibles, Alfas, robot heads, in-dash web browsing and a coupe with a roof full of stars. Plus we take you with us in the tire-smoking spin in the new Subie WRX STi.
Date: Sunday, March 09, 2008 10:40 AM
- Car Tech 56: BMW first with an in-dash web browser?
New Ford technology let's you unlock your car via the web, BMW's to sprout full blown web browsers, Jaguar and Land Rover soon to have a new accent and Sirius drools over the used car market, and we drive the Volvo XC70.
Date: Friday, February 29, 2008 12:56 PM
- Car Tech 55: Are cars lasting too long?
Alt fuel madness: A car that runs on air, Tesla gets $40M to keep on (un)plugging, and how the Brits use tech to bust uninsured drivers.
Date: Monday, February 25, 2008 08:48 AM
- Car Tech 54: Are cars getting too quiet?
U.S. to make cars even safer, a push to make green cars noisier, James Bond fan to bring underwater car to market, and a ride in a station wagon we actually like.
Date: Friday, February 15, 2008 02:36 PM
- Car Tech 53: A truck that solves the tradesman's biggest problem (no, not plumber's crack.)
Ford RFID technology keeps track of what's in your car ... We know what car is the best value for your buck ... Add a V8 engine to your car in minutes ... and a ride in a car that shouldn't be called "Sport".
Date: Saturday, February 09, 2008 10:04 AM
- Car Tech 52: A technology to whittle your car insurance bill
Insurance savings from a piece of car tech ... What Japanese brand is leaving the U.S. car market? ... Why Pioneer loves car tech ... and on the road in the Infinity G35s.
Date: Friday, February 01, 2008 11:09 PM
- Car Tech 51: The 22nd century is here!
Cars that do their own smog tests, batteries that know when they are about to die, and in-car TV for all! Plus a ride the most un-Subaru like Legacy 3.0R
Date: Friday, January 25, 2008 06:48 PM
- Car Tech 50: What we loved at Detroit
Detroit auto show hot list, Chrysler places a bet on in-car internet, and we love our first solo time with Ford SYNC.
Date: Saturday, January 19, 2008 09:58 AM
- Car Tech 49: What we loved at CES
Brian, Wayne and Kevin riff on their favorite stuff from a remarkably auto-centric Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
Date: Friday, January 11, 2008 02:14 PM
- Car Tech 48: Consumer electronics and cars collide!
BMW readies turbodiesels for the U.S. ... XM and SYNC both learn new tricks ... what teen drivers can't do in Nebraska ... and the end of the blue book.
Date: Sunday, January 06, 2008 06:31 PM
- Car Tech 47: The Golden State won't be the Greener State
EPA slaps down California's plan to tighten up emissions, the U.S. makes a badly needed move toward higher MPG, and you get to vote on Tech Car of the Year! Plus Wayne and Kevin take the Rolls Phantom for a spin.
Date: Thursday, December 20, 2007 10:03 AM
- Car Tech 46: Big moves in auto emissions and MPG
U.S. very close to big jumps in MPG, one less GPS maker out there to choose from, Kenwood says it is reinventing in-car TV, and we go for a spin (and a slide) in a very big, fast car.
Date: Friday, December 14, 2007 05:03 PM
- Car Tech 45: New flavors of car radio and telematics
Hughes makes big inroads into Mercedes dashboards, Nokia creates a new flavor of car radio (sort of), is the Smart Car already a home run? And we go for a high-revving spin in a red rocket.
Date: Friday, December 07, 2007 02:23 PM
- Car Tech 44: Volvo goes wall to wall with HD Radio
Volvo doubles down on HD Radio . . BMW likes the idea of IP in the car -- sort of . . more ways to get free live traffic info . . and we go for a vewy qwiet spin in the Mazda Tribute HEV.
Date: Friday, November 30, 2007 09:05 PM
- Car Tech 43: What Chrysler has up its post-Daimler sleeve!
Chrysler tells of three new electric cars, is it time for a "cockpit recorder" in all of our cars? Volvo does navigation a new way, and we roll in a posh and annoying Mercedes cabriolet.
Date: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 04:26 PM
- Car Tech 42: Hot updates from the L.A. Auto Show!
Honda is first to market with a fuel cell car, Sirius adds a new wrinkle to their flavor of sat radio, a setback for VW's coming Jetta TDI, plus a ride in an underwhelming hybrid SUV.
Date: Thursday, November 15, 2007 09:52 PM
- Car Tech 41: Which nav system do we love the most?
Ford to keep Volvo -- for now, Infiniti gets top scores for navigation technology, Nissan wants to change your car's color -- then do it again, and we roll in the Acura TL Type S.
Date: Thursday, November 08, 2007 09:52 PM
- Car Tech 40: Are plug-in hybrids coming -- or not?
Import carmakers indicate they're ready for a revolution in MPG, MP3's on your car horn and other oddities from SEMA, how to beat a speeding ticket with GPS, we go for a ride in the new Honda Accord. Is it more like a Camry . . or a Lexus?
Date: Thursday, November 01, 2007 10:52 PM
- Car Tech 39: Are plug-in hybrids coming -- or not?
Honda disparages the plug-in hybrid, while Toyota makes moves toward it . . A new kind of auto glass could save your life . . and how a big SUV can get better mileage than a Camry.
Date: Friday, October 19, 2007 10:52 PM
- Car Tech 38: Diesels are back!
Mercedes re-opens the U.S. diesel market just a bit, Best Buy drops an age-old car tech tradition, and San Francisco considers a high-tech marketplace for street parking.
Date: Friday, October 19, 2007 10:52 PM
- Car Tech 37: GM cars slow down by themselves -- but its OK.
New OnStar trick to slow down stolen cars, track your car on your cell phone, brake assist may soon become required equipment, and a ride in the 2008 Mercedes C300.
Date: Friday, October 12, 2007 06:46 PM
- Car Tech 36: Buying music from your car's HD radio gets a step closer.
Nokia thinks the future of navigation is in your phone, HD radio broadcasters go all out for in-car music sales, and we get an eyeful of TV -- from Sirius?
Date: Friday, October 05, 2007 11:59 AM
- Car Tech 35: Ford makes a big splash in HD Radio
Ford goes wall to wall with HD Radio, your next in-car nav might eavesdrop on you -- and you'll like it, and our Mercedes ML550 won't go to a Mexican restaurant!
Date: Friday, September 28, 2007 04:38 PM
- Car Tech 34: What's the hottest car tech -- with thieves?
GPS nav becoming the rock star of stolen items, carmakers dodge huge global warming suit, and the Volvo C30 throws us for a loop.
Date: Friday, September 21, 2007 12:59 PM
- Car Tech 33: Audi and Chrysler Go Gaga for Green
Audi hybrids on the way, live call from Frankfurt auto show, TRW predicts in-car radar for the masses, and does Acura have the best voice recognition on the planet?
Date: Friday, September 14, 2007 12:59 PM
- Car Tech 32: The boozer's Volvo
The iPod embraces HD radio, Volvo takes away the keys wirelessly, a new technology becomes standard, and the BMW 1-Series is about to hit.
Date: Friday, September 07, 2007 06:59 PM
- Car Tech 31: Apple and VW doing a car together? Seriously?
Apple and VW rumored to be building "iCar", the most expensive sedan in the world, Garmin finds your car for you, and Volvo technology makes you take a coffee break.
Date: Friday, August 31, 2007 12:18 PM
- Car Tech 30: The Smart ForTwo arrives!
You may not have the right to repair your own car, a wicked ride in the BMW Z4 M Coupe, and an interesting proposal to expand satellite radio.
Date: Friday, August 24, 2007 11:15 AM
- Car Tech 29: What tech do you want in your next car?
Survey says: . . You tell us what gadget you most want on the road. Sirius TV hits retail stores, XM gets a split screen look, and HD Radio gets fully baked. Plus a ride in the new '08 Highlander.
Date: Friday, August 17, 2007 12:30 PM
- Car Tech 28: Who makes the best factory head units?
Chevy's Volt charges toward reality . . Why your factory car stereo delights and frustrates you . . Ford gets SYNC ready for its debut . . And we hit the road in the squarest hip car of all!
Date: Friday, August 10, 2007 11:09 AM
- Car Tech 27: Why your next car will have a hard drive.
Your next car will have a hard drive . . A Bluetooth horror story you won't believe . . And it's tire smoke & baby seats: The BMW 535i!
Date: Friday, August 03, 2007 11:09 AM
- Car Tech 26: Plug-in Hybrid Breakthrough!
Toyota to test plug-in hybrids in the real world . . Porsche will do a Cayenne hybrid . . and a hot run in the 2008 Subaru WRX.
Date: Saturday, July 28, 2007 12:44 PM
- Car Tech 25: Everyone does diesels -- except Ford!
Everyone does diesels -- except Ford! Why Audiovox is making stereos that look like the one you hate. And we go on the road in the limo of Jeeps.
Date: Friday, July 20, 2007 03:27 PM
- Car Tech 24: GM to put diesels in passenger cars
GM to put diesels in passenger cars, TomTom has a radical new way to show navigation, and a new gadget reads email as you drive -- and stay alive! Plus, we drive the ML320 CDI turbodiesel SUV.
Date: Friday, July 13, 2007 11:01 AM
- Car Tech 23: A new BMW
A new BMW: The most expensive iPhone accessory of all! Fiat says they are making the next iPod, and we take you for a drive in a rolling oxymoron.
Date: Friday, July 06, 2007 11:15 AM
- Car Tech 22: Detroit's gnarliest car
A rip snorting ride in Detroit's gnarliest car, Infiniti comps you 3 years of XM, and Toyota backs away fom lithium oon batteries -- for now.
Date: Friday, June 29, 2007 06:45 PM
- Car Tech 21: Apple in the dashboard?
Is Apple heading for your dashboard? A GPS navigation system that knows who you are. And we go for a ride in the much-anticipated Altima Hybrid.
Date: Friday, June 22, 2007 09:25 PM
- Car Tech 20: Rollin' in a Rolls
Which cars and their tech will leave you, a ride in the most excessive car on earth, and guess who now offers HD Radio?
Date: Friday, June 15, 2007 05:40 PM
- Car Tech 19: Hybrids up and down
We drive the Lexus LS 600hL, the Chevy Volt gets real, the Accord Hybrid loses its charge, and Ford thinks it's Toyota.
Date: Friday, June 08, 2007 05:11 PM
- Car Tech 18: Will Ford sell Volvo?
What will Ford do with Volvo? (Same thing it did with Aston!) Also, Sony enters the HD Radio push, and Toshiba thinks you need HD-DVD in your car.
Date: Friday, June 01, 2007 03:42 PM
- Car Tech 17: Hybrid taxis and the Honda S2000
A new "iPod connector" for those without an iPod, New York taxis to go all hybrid, and we go for a ride in one of our favorite cars of all time!
Date: Friday, May 25, 2007 10:14 AM
- Car Tech 16: Chrysler sold and a ride in the Chevy HHR.
Chrysler splits from Daimler, Toyota says its all hybrid by 2020, and who wants to go for a ride in an orange Chevy HHR? Anybody?
Date: Friday, May 18, 2007 10:31 AM
- Car Tech 15: Navigation depreciation and the Mercury Mariner Hybrid
Will you regret buying GPS navigation? Who really buys hybrid cars? Satellite radio more popular in boats than cars. And we drive the batteries off the Mercury Mariner Hybrid.
Date: Friday, May 11, 2007 02:56 PM
- Car Tech 14: On the Tesla and the Mazda3
Could MPG ratings put Chrysler in the grave? The Tesla Roadster goes fast, but not as far. Plus, we drive the hell out of the Mazdaspeed 3.
Date: Friday, May 04, 2007 05:43 PM
- Car Tech 13: On maps, HD radio, and the Nissan Versa
Mapquest goes from your desk to OnStar, Best Buy gets behind HD Radio, a look at the dashboard of tomorrow, and we go for a drive in the cheapest car we've ever reviewed!
Date: Friday, April 27, 2007 02:16 PM
- Car Tech 12: Car Tech news and a test drive
Nissan takes aim at Toyota hybrids, using cell phones to actually prevent accidents, and a new kind of window tint film that won't kill your GPS reception. Plus a drive in the Mercedes CL550.
Date: Friday, April 20, 2007 05:35 PM
- Car Tech 11: Will GM and Ford stick to middle America?
Will Ford and GM stop selling cars on the coasts? And plug-in hybrids prove handy for more than just driving. Plus, we go on the road in the new BMW X5 4.8i.
Date: Friday, April 13, 2007 11:33 AM
- Car Tech 10: 2007 New York auto show
Stability control is mandated for all cars, New York Auto Show cars on parade, new Mercedes C Class *better* be right, and we go on the road in the VW GTI.
Date: Friday, April 06, 2007 03:43 PM
- Car Tech 9: Back seat TV and the BMW 328xi
Sirius puts TV into Chrysler minivans, a new Bluetooth will make pairing easier, Ford and Sony get together on car stereos, plus, on the road in the BMW 328xi.
Date: Friday, March 30, 2007 05:10 PM
- Car Tech 8: The very expensive SL550 and news on electric cars and sleeping pills.
BMW diesels are heading to the U.S, as is the Smart ForTwo, and will texting in your car land you a fat citation soon? Plus we hit the road in the Mercedes-Benz SL550.
Date: Friday, March 23, 2007 05:20 PM
- Car Tech 7: Mazda's rotary engine, what's in store for telematics, and a ride in the behemoth Benz
The big retailer that just got out of the car audio/video business, the future of Mazda's rotary engine, and a ride in the Mercedes GL450.
Date: Friday, March 16, 2007 10:35 AM
- Car Tech 6: Wal-Mart stocks HD radios, and a ride in the 2007 Chrysler Town and Country
The latest hot rides and concept cars at the Geneva Auto Show, Walmart starts selling HD radio for your car, and we take a ride in the Chrysler Town and Country
Date: Friday, March 09, 2007 05:29 PM
- Car Tech 5: Mercedes bad, Ford big
How reliable is a new Mercedes? Are power windows threatening our children? And a ride in the 2007 Ford Expedition.
Date: Friday, March 02, 2007 05:57 PM
- Car Tech 4: The XM/Sirius merger and the Ford Shelby GT 500
XM and Sirius merger makes car radio headlines, your fuel economy MPG is under attack, and Kevin and Wayne take a run in the Ford Shelby GT 500.
Date: Friday, February 23, 2007 05:12 PM
- Car Tech 3: Does GPS make you a better driver, plus acceleration testing in the Audi A3.
Airbags can be hazardous to your hearing, why BMW is the poster child for HD Radio, does GPS navigation make you a better driver, and we make 0 to 60mph runs in an Audi A3.
Date: Friday, February 16, 2007 05:21 PM
- Car Tech 2: The BMW 1-series and an endurance test in the Mercedes-Benz E320 Bluetec
The Prius goes on sale; a smaller BMW is on the way; a conversation with the folks who want your in-car phones calls to stop; and we see how far we can get on a tank of diesel in the Mercedes-Benz E320 Bluetec.
Date: Friday, February 09, 2007 05:13 PM
- Car Tech 1: Banning cell phones, and a ride in an FX45
This week: A bold plan to remove all interactive tech from cars; MG to return to the U.S.--via China; Wayne and Kevin hit the road in an FX45; and the latest electric sports car.
Date: Friday, February 02, 2007 10:55 AM