Capturing the excitement
Roundup of Apple's announcements today.
It's all over but the shouting and it looks like Apple's hit another home run. No Beatles, but Apple did announce:
- Roll-your-own ringtones for 99 cents.
- The "fat" nano, a squarish nano with coverflow and video. 4 GB for $149, 8 GB for $199.
- Higher capacity "classic" iPods. 80 GB for $249 and 160 GB for $349.
- The new iPod Touch, which is basically an iPhone without the phone. $299 for 8 GB and $399 for 16 GB. Coming in a couple of weeks.
- A version of the iTunes Store for both the iPod Touch and the iPhone.
- The ability to buy songs from the iPod Touch and the iPhone at Starbucks stores.
- The 8 GB iPhone is now $399.
The Macalope hates to rub it in (no, not really), but it's worth repeating this:
"If it brings out a product that doesn't capture the excitement . . . I wonder if people will be disappointed because it doesn't come up to the levels of what's expected," Enderle said.
Oh, Rob. Don't you ever get tired of being wrong?