While CNET's New York office waits for power to come back after the storm, we're bringing you the Update show from our San Francisco office. Thursday's top tech stories include:
- Boxee TV arrives at Walmart for $99 and
offers perks for early adopters
, including three months of free service and a discounted DVR subscription afterward.
- AT&T and T-Mobile have activated a
new service that blocks smartphone thieves
from using a stolen phone on GSM networks.
- AT&T launched the
AT&T Locker app
that offers 5GB of free cloud storage to customers with Android and Apple devices.
- Amazon Game Studios released its first mobile app game,
. This is the second digital game made by Amazon. The first was a Facebook-based game called Living Classics.
- Federal officials say communication networks impacted by superstorm Sandy have seen
. About 25 percent of the nation's wireless cell sites and cable customers were without service.
- As in previous disasters, the Red Cross is taking donations via text messages. Also, Apple's
iTunes has become a hub for donating
to the Red Cross.
Watch CNET Update in the video above, or subscribe to the podcast via the links below.