AT&T dishes details on DirecTV deal
Giant tech companies are going shopping: AT&T plans to buy DirecTV, Google acquires Word Lens app, and YouTube may purchase Twitch.
In this episode of CNET Update:
- Learn about AT&T's bid to buy satellite television provider DirecTV. The approval of this deal may hang on how the companies pitch how bundles will compete against big cable.
- Say goodbye to Aio. AT&T is killing off the Aio prepaid brand name and is replacing it with the newly purchased Cricket brand.
- Translate foreign signs to English with the Word Lens app. Google just bought the maker of Word Lens to beef up its translation services.
- See if YouTube buys Twitch for $1 billion, as reported by Vanity. Twitch is a popular site for streaming live play of video games, and it gets about 45 million visitors each month.
- Download the system update for the Xbox One to get a few features like improved volume controls.
CNET Update delivers the tech news you need in under three minutes. Watch Bridget Carey every afternoon for a breakdown of the big stories, hot devices, new apps, and what's ahead. Subscribe to the podcast via the links below.