Apple has posted a question and answer page for the iPhone, rehashing previously announced information and revealing some new facts, like:
- "iPhone may cause audio interference with some iPod accessories. Products that are engineered and certified to be compatible with the iPhone will carry the 'Works with iPhone' logo on their packaging."
- Current AT&T customers must add an iPhone Data Plan to their current plan or upgrade to an iPhone plan. This is contrary to information in an Apple press release stating "iPhone customers can choose from any of AT&Tâ??s standard service plans."
- In response to a question about whether or not you can use the SIM card from a current mobile phone, Apple says "you should use the SIM card that came preinstalled in the iPhone."
- Monthly bills are paid to AT&T
- The iPhone supports industry-standard Wi-Fi security and virtual private networking (VPN).