Apple updates Pro Applications and Canon printer drivers
Apple has released two software updates today. One is for the pro application suite that includes Final Cut Pro, Motion, Color, Compressor, and Cinema Tools, and the other is for the latest printer drivers from Canon.
Apple has released two software updates today. One is for the pro application suite that includes Final Cut Pro, Motion, Color, Compressor, and Cinema Tools, and the other is for the latest printer drivers from Canon. These updates are relatively large at several hundred MB each, and are available via Software Update and from the following links:
This update follows recent updates for Brother and Samsung printer drivers, and weighs in at 281.16MB. It should be available for all OS X Snow Leopard users via Software Update, or by clicking the download link. The update just contains the latest printer and scanner drivers from Canon.
While you can install them all with this update, Snow Leopard will dynamically download and install appropriate drivers for printers when you install them, therefore you should not need these for new printers you are installing.
The Pro Applications update is a 321.1MB installation, which should only be available through the system's software update if yo have these applications installed. Likewise, while it is available as a standalone updater you can only access them if you have Final Cut Studio or the individual studio applications installed.
Earlier this month Apple released the ProKit update for Leopard and Snow Leopard, which should be installed for people running Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro, Motion, Soundtrack Pro, DVD Studio Pro, Aperture, Final Cut Express, Soundtrack, Logic Pro and Logic Express. You can find it here: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1008
UPDATE: Apple has released a slew of support documents that are associated with these updates. They can be found here:
- Final Cut Pro 7.0.2: Release notes
- Color 1.5.2: Release notes
- Motion 4.0.2: Release notes
- Compressor 3.5.2: Release notes
- Apple Qmaster 3.5.2: Release notes
- Final Cut Studio (2009), Color 1.5.2: Unrendered freeze frames in Color displays an unexpected frame
- Final Cut Studio (2009), Color 1.5.2: Video Output of REDCODE material clips at 97 IRE
- Final Cut Studio (2009), Color 1.5: Upgrading a Color 1.0.x project to 1.5.x changes any existing Trackers
- Final Cut Studio (2009), Final Cut Pro 7.0.1, & 7.0.2 with Mac OS X v10.6: Final Cut may stop responding when capturing DVCPRO HD via FireWire