Apple TV constantly requesting iTunes Store authorization
Occasionally users of the Apple TV may experience an issue where they are unable to play their iTunes Store purchases because the Apple TV continuously requests authorization from the iTunes Store. If this is you, here are some things you can try.
Written by Joe AimonettiOccasionally users of the Apple TV may experience an issue where they are unable to play their iTunes Store purchases because the Apple TV continuously requests authorization from the iTunes Store. If this is you, here are some things you can try.
The Apple TV can request your iTunes Store authorization for a variety of reasons. Use these troubleshooting steps to determine why your Apple TV is requesting it:
1. Are you using the correct iTunes Store account? Many users have set up multiple iTunes Store accounts for various reasons. The active iTunes Store account on your Apple TV must match the iTunes Store account for the content you purchased. If you have other accounts, try using those first.If you think you are having problems with your iTunes Store account, call Apple at: 1.800.MY.APPLE for assistance.
2. Is your software updated? From the Apple TV main menu, select Settings > General > Update Software. Download and install any new software that may appear. You should also check that iTunes and your computer's operating system are current. Use the Software Update application on a Mac or Microsoft's Web site for Windows updates.
3. Try checking for new content. From the Apple TV main menu, select Settings > Downloads > Check for Downloads. Be sure your software is already up-to-date and you have correctly authorized your Apple TV.
4. Attempt to "Force Sync" your Apple TV from iTunes. From the Device list in iTunes on your computer, right-click (control click) on Apple TV. Select the option to Sync.
5. Have you tried turning it off and then on again? If your issue persists, try restarting your Apple TV. Before you do so, be sure you are properly logged in to your iTunes Store account (Apple TV main menu > Settings > General > iTunes Store). To restart your Apple TV:1. Hold down the Menu and Menu down/scroll for approximately six seconds from your Apple Remote.
2. Unplug your Apple TV. Let the device rest for about a minute. Plug it back in and let it restart.