Apple releases Logic Pro and Express updates
Updates address stability and compatibility of Apple's pro and enthusiast music production packages.
If you are an audio enthusiast or musician and make use of Apple's Logic Pro or Logic Express software packages, then Apple has released a couple of updates that address compatibility, performance, and stability in these programs.
While the updates have not yet been listed on Apple's support download page, they should be available via Software Update for those who have either Logic Pro or Logic Express installed, so you can manually invoke Software Update from the Apple menu to get these updates.
- Provides compatibility with songs created with GarageBand for iOS 1.2.
- Resolves an issue in Logic Pro 9.1.6 in which projects with a large number of fades displayed "I/O Error, Result code = -36" when playback was started.
- Improves performance when using multiple instances of EXS24 in 32-bit mode with EXS24 Virtual Memory mode active.
- Resolves several issues related to the download and installation of basic and additional content.
- Resolves an issue that could occur which caused the application to stop responding when performing Undo. This would occur after deleting a file or region in the Audio Bin.
Plug-ins and instruments
- The Output Distortion setting for the Compressor plug-in now works as expected with the "ClassA_R" and "ClassA_U" models.
- Fixes an issue in which the Autofilter plug-in might produce clicks with certain settings.
- The "Select Zone of Last Played Key" setting now works as expected in the EXS24 editor.
- When adding Auxes as additional outputs for Multi Output Software Instruments, the additional Auxes are automatically assigned the same color and track icon as the Software Instrument.
- Fixes an issue in which copying a MIDI region in a project which does not start at 1 1 1 1, and in which the Transposition track is active, might result in unexpected transposition of the copied region.
- The Controls View of plug-in GUIs now fit properly on the 11-inch MacBook Air display.
- Resolves an issue in OS X 10.7.x Lion that caused the Consolidate Project command in Logic to open a backup of the project at the end of the process.
As always, be sure to back up your system and ensure you have a backup of your Logic projects before you install and use these updates.