Although Apple has not yet updated the iTunes Store front page to link directly to the desktop version of the iPhone App Store, it can still be accessed with a little trickery. To access the desktop App Store, follow these steps:
- Download and install iTunes 7.7, if you haven't already
- Click on the iTunes Store in the left-hand panel
- Search for current iPhone application, such as Super Monkey Ball
- Click small gray arrow next to Super Monkey Ball in the search results to go to the app's download page
- In the top navigation bar in iTunes, click "App Store"
The main App Store page will appear, and you can buy and download applications then sync them to your iPhone/iPod Touch.(Cross-posted from iPhone Atlas)