Additional updates from Apple following Aperture 3.0 release
Along with yesterday's release of Aperture 3.0, Apple issued several support updates to ensure full implementation of the program's new features.
Along with yesterday's release of Aperture 3.0, Apple issued several support updates to ensure full implementation of the program's new features. These include support for the media browser, slideshow support, and more compatibility for RAW camera formats.
Some of these updates will be available in Software Update, but others may not.
iLife Support (Software Update only)
This updates the iLife media browser to be compatible with Aperture 3.0, along with implementing general fixes to the browser. Apple recommends this for all iLife, iWork, and Aperture users.
This update adds RAW image support for several new camera models. It is not needed if you do not use these cameras.
This update is for Aperture 3.0 installations, where video clips may not play properly during slideshows.
In addition to these three updates, Apple has released a slew of knowledgebase updates regarding Aperture, which cover the features of the latest release as well as various issues people may have when updating the software. If you are an Aperture user these may be useful to browse through.
Ready for them? Here they are...
- Aperture 3: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Aperture: Thumbnails in browser are sometimes gray
- Aperture: Aperture 2.1.4 is required for Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard
- Aperture 3: Troubleshooting Basics
- Aperture 3: How to optimize Aperture for the best looking slideshows
- Aperture 3: Thumbnails and Viewer images may be stretched and only partially rendered
- Aperture 3: Some embedded IPTC metadata may not import from DNG, TIFF, or JPEG images with Mac OS X v10.5
- Aperture 3: "Write IPTC Metadata to Master" does not write IPTC Core fields to masters on Mac OS X v10.5
- Aperture 3: Some adjustments are not available on certain images
- Aperture 3: Videos you upload to a MobileMe album are removed if later synced with Aperture 2
- Aperture 3: Some metadata from XMP sidecar files may not import
- Aperture 3: Release notes
- Aperture 3: Contrast edits do not transfer from iPhoto to Aperture 3
- Aperture 3: Posterization of images when using Curves adjustments with ATI X1900
- iPhoto and Aperture: Disabling and enabling 1-Click Purchasing
- Aperture 3: "Do not import duplicates" option does not work with video and audio files
- Aperture 3: Some Nikon RAW images do not rotate correctly on import when importing RAW+JPEG
- Aperture and iPhoto: Editing billing information
- Aperture 3: Quick Preview temporarily looks jagged for recently imported images
- Aperture 3: Converting images to Aperture 3 RAW decoding
- Aperture: Tips on tethered shooting
- Aperture 3: Regenerate previews to resolve issues with image display
- Aperture 3: "Your MobileMe account information is not correct" alert during publish/update to MobileMe Gallery albums
- Apple Photo Services: Product Line Details for Books, Cards, and Calendars
- Some pixel dimensions are slightly different after upgrade to Aperture 3
- Aperture 3: Tips on upgrading an Aperture 2 library to Aperture 3
- Aperture 3: Discussion about differences in exposure levels with Aperture 3 RAW decoding
- Aperture 3: Publishing to MobileMe Gallery from multiple computers requires same version of Aperture
- Aperture 3: "Request to the server failed" alert when publishing identical filenames to MobileMe
- Aperture 3: Alert when opening Help in Japanese after upgrade from Aperture 2
- Aperture 3: About Video and Audio formats in Aperture
- Aperture 3: How metadata fields in Aperture 3 map to fields in other applications