Access hard drives conveniently with NewerTech Voyager
A docking station for internal hard drives that features quad interface and supports all 2.5-inch and 3.5-inch SATA hard drives.
If you do a lot of work that involves transferring data from one hard drive to another, you'll probably love the NewerTech Voyager hard drive dock.
This the first quad-interface hard drive docking station that supports FireWire 800/400, USB 2.0, and eSATA. The device can turn any 2.5-inch or 3.5-inch SATA hard drive, up to 2.0TB, into a fully bootable and hot-swappable external drive solution.
NewerTech Voyager is compatible with both Macs and PC and features plug-and-plug installation with no software or driver needed. All you need to do is plug in a new hard drive, and format it if need be. You can of course--and I believe this is the main use of the device--put in an old hard drive to access data from it.
Other features of the NewerTech Voyager include:
- Data transfer rates up to 3Gbps (300MBps)
- Push button drive eject for safe hard drive removal
- Hot-swap functionality for fast access to multiple hard drives
- Weighted base and nonskid rubber feet for stable operation
- Two-color status LED: Left side is blue for power on, right side flashes red for disk activity
- Compact design: Measures 5.28 inches tall by 3.70 inches wide by 2.68 inches deep and weighs 1.35 pounds without drive
- Fanless design for quiet operation
The docking station comes with all interface connection cables and a one-year warranty. You can get it now for $99 at OWC. OWC also sells the docking station bundled with hard drives for prices varying from $150 (500GB) to $380 (2TB).