Looking back on my first 6 months as a blogger, I decided to come clean about my shortcomings and start an improvement plan. Here's what I came up with, based mostly on feedback from all of you:
1. Don't be so arrogant and preachy. After spending an entire lifetime being an egotistical know-it-all, this is a tough one. For example, sayingmay have been a bit much. Same goes for I'll try to be more humble.
2. Stay on-subject. Sometimes I use the blog to vent.was definitely off-topic. But hey, I had just spent nearly 4 weeks sober. Typing anything even remotely coherent on the keyboard was an accomplishment.
3. Don't sell-out just to get eyeballs. Okay, I admit it;was all about getting readers. I feel so much better now.
4. Try to actually write what you're thinking. Sometimes I know what I'm thinking but forget to actually type the words. For example,was supposed to be predicated on a desire to stay with the company and "stick it out," but I somehow forget to state that.
5. Write shorter posts. This will be the hardest change of all. If you know me, I'm a pretty wordy guy. Keeping it pithy is not my nature. But I'll try. Short enough?
Now that I've come clean with mine, perhaps you've got a few of your own resolutions you'd like to share.