Each year, CNET, in partnership with the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA), produces the Best of CES awards at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES). The CNET editorial team recognizes the best new products at the show with awards in nine categories, an overall Best of Show award, and the People's Voice award that's selected by the CNET online audience.
- Digital photo and video
- Car tech and GPS
- Cell phones and smartphones
- Computers and hardware
- Home theater
- MP3 and video players
*CNET reserves the right to exercise editorial discretion when categorizing product submissions.
CNET editors will name the Best of CES 2010 award finalists and winners based on the following:
- Product must be new, in that it will not be released before December 1, 2009. Prototypes, reference designs, or products that represent a proof of concept will not be considered.
- Product must be on exhibit at the 2010 International CES in Las Vegas.
- Product demonstrates its potential to:
- Pioneer a new category, establish an emerging category, or take an existing category to a new level.
- Excite people with its style, innovation, usefulness, ease of use, or capability to entertain.
- Endow its owner with a certain cachet, the "cool" factor.
- Make its way into everyday life.
SubmissionsSubmissions are now open for Best of CES 2010. There is no fee to submit a product for consideration.
Submit now! Submissions close on December 11, 2009.