I just got an e-mail from the folks at Eurocom announcing a 19-inch laptop called the M590K Emperor. It has some hot specs (see below), though they're not quite as hot as the ones that were in the message the company sent me earlier this month. A few weeks ago, Eurocom was saying that the M590K Emperor, in addition to being one of the first 19-inch laptops in the world, would have an Nvidia SLI 7800 Go graphics card, making it the first SLI laptop on the market, too (though Widow PC tried to stake that claim a few weeks ago, before being muzzled by Nvidia). In any event, the Emperor isn't the first 19-inch laptop we've heard about, but if Eurocom hits the March 9 shipping date that the company claims on its site, the Emperor could be the first 19-incher that you could actually buy in the United States. For $3,500.
Now kneel before the Eurocom M590K Emperor's base specs:
- AMD Mobile Turion64 MT-40; 64-bit; 1MB L2 cache
- 256MB DDR3 video with Nvidia GeForce Go 7800 GTX or ATI Mobility Radeon x800 XT Platinum Edition
- Up to 2GB of DDR400 SODIMM RAM
- Up to 120GB 7,200rpm SATA-2 hard drive
- 8X multi-DVD burner
- 4-in-1 media card reader
- SRS Wow; surround sound system
- Internal TV tuner
- Wireless: WLAN 802.11a/b/g, Bluetooth
- 1 Gig Ethernet
- 5 USB 2.0 ports, FireWire, HDTV port, DVI-I port for dual display
- Full-size 102-key keyboard with a separate numeric keypad
- Weight: 6.5 kilograms (14.3 pounds)
Also: Another 19-inch laptop sighted at Engadget.