Phandroid, citing an unnamed source, said Samsung is expected to roll out the update to a mix of smartphones and tablets in the near future, all of them either relatively new or popular.
Samsung models rumored for KitKat updates:
- Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-i337
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Active SGH-i537
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom SM-c105a
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 SGH-i467
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900a
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-i317
- Samsung Galaxy Mega SGH-i527
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-t217a
- Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-i747
- Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini SM-g730a
It's worth pointing out that these are very specific model numbers that tie to carriers and capacities, and that the list could grow. There is only one version of the Galaxy S3 listed (AT&T), but we might see the other US carrier flavors receive the same KitKat treatment.
Unfortunately, the anonymous tipster was unable to provide any details as to how soon these devices will pick up their respective updates. Samsung, for its part, has been quiet about software updates. CNET has reached out to Samsung for comment on the subject and this post will be updated with any new details.