Pros Good spec, work as advertised, feel very snappy
Good battery life
Cons - Lock socket that you can't find a lock that fits.
- Weak (yet polite) customer service, they don't know this product, have no stock to none of the accessories.
- Expensive machine, even more expensive accessories.
- Horrible touch pad experience
Summary It looks good, it is light weight, it's fast. I have a lot to like about this box, but on the other hand I can't stop feeling it is not a ready product.
- The touch pad experience is horrible, I have to disable half of the feature to make it usable, and I still haven't got selecting text working right I have to carry a mouse with me all time.
- The micro sd card reader, when you have a card in it, you will not be able to close the door, completely render it useless as a expansion slot.
- The non standard security lock is a joke, you can't buy a lock that would fit it.
- Here in Hong Kong, none of the accessories is available, I have to wait 2 months and pay 110 US for a extra power supply, waited 1 full month before the service center figure out how to add the extra 4G Memory, and as of today, one still can't buy the VGA out cable.
As a business machine, this machine is well though out, bios hd password, notebook lock, good batteries, backlit keyboard. But all the lack of attention to the particularity of the product, plus the horrible execution of accessories supply make this product a mediocre product.
"Dead pixels galore"on by nerdie77
Pros Bright, thin, sleek
Cons Fingerprint magnet
Summary Just got my Samsung Series 9 in May 2011
Love it to death..
2 weeks ago i saw a dead pixel...
I thought, ok never mind..
Slowly... it grew...
I own so many laptops before, first time i kena dead pixel.
And i'm thinking of changing my Samsung Galaxy S to SGS2, now i'm having 2nd thoughts.
Pros slim, nice keyboard, long battery life
Cons Constantly drops wifi signal
Summary I really wanted to like this pc. But when you can't get a wifi signal if you're more than 20 feet away from the router, it's not ready for prime time. Mine wasn't an exception to the rule; do a google search for Samsung series 9 wifi problems and see what I mean. Fix the problem Samsung, and I'll bring it home again.
Pros Light and thin, fast, powerful, turns on fast and conserves battery power well, SSD drive so less likely to have hard drive problems, looks really cool
Cons port accessibility requires drop open doors, Ethernet port requires a dongle (this is really bad if you can't or won't do wireless). other ports like HDMI are non-standard size requiring more special cables, battery life is not as good as Mac Air, not eno
Summary It is a great idea without the design excellence and quality build of the Mac Air but that said it shouldn't be too hard to go back and fix these things. I haven't had the dead pixels in screen like some have reported but that worries me a lot because I can see how it would be easy to damage the screen without taking care handling this thing.
Pros Excellent buy, the bottom feels like plastic but the top is to die for. I'm loving every minute of it. If you can afford one, then buy one. The mac air equivalent for windows users. Simple as that.
Cons Price, also Samsung should of included an exterior drive for the price.