The Webware 100 Awards
2009 OFFICIAL GUIDELINES
Sponsored by: CBS Interactive, 235 Second Street, San Francisco, California 94105 (referred to herein as "CNET" or "Sponsor")
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO NOMINATE, PARTICIPATE OR WIN. Submitting a nomination or consent to participate constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Guidelines and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges which shall be final and binding on all matters relating to the Webware 100 Awards.
The Webware 100 Awards is an award program designed to raise awareness about webware and to highlight certain Web 2.0 sites nominated by the general webware community (the "Awards"). The Awards shall consists of two periods: (i) the "Nomination Period" which begins at 9:00am Pacific Time ("PT") on February 9, 2009 and ends at 5:00 pm PT on March 6, 2009; and (ii) the Voting Period which begins March 31, 2009 at 12pm PT and ends at 12:00pm PT on April 30, 2009.
1. The Awards is open to the public who are at least 18 years of age or older. Employees of Sponsor, and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and advertising and promotion agencies, and their immediate family members and those living the same household, are not eligible to participate. Void where prohibited by law.
2. To nominate a site, complete and submit the online nomination form located at www.webware.com/100 during the Nomination Period. You must submit your nomination no later than 5:00 pm PT on March 6, 2009 in order for the site you nominated to be considered eligible. All parts of the nomination must be submitted as described herein or the entire nomination will be void. Nominations submitted via any other method will be void. Use of any automated or programmed entry method or any false e-mail account will void all nominations made by you. There is no limit as to how many sites you may nominate.
3. Upon close of the Nomination Period, Sponsor shall review all nominations. Nominations must be in keeping with Sponsor's image and may not be offensive, as determined by judges in their sole discretion, nor can it defame or invade publicity rights or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person's personal or proprietary rights. Nominated sites must be the original work of the site owner. Should a site be nominated by a third party independent of the site, Sponsor shall confirm participation in the Awards with such nominee. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any nomination at any time in the event it is determined that the nominee or nominator has not complied with these Official Guidelines.
4. During the Voting Period, votes will be collected at www.webware.com/100. You must submit votes no later than 12:00pm PT on April 30, 2009 in order for your vote to count. Use of any automated or programmed voting method or any false e-mail account will void all votes made by you. One vote allowed per person, per Awards category.
5. Winners for each category will be determined based on the final number of votes received as of 12:00pm PT on April 30, 2009. The judges' decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Awards. Winners in each category will hereinafter be collectively referred to as "Winner" or "Winners".
6. The reward to be awarded from the Awards is as follows: Winners will be subjects of featured articles on Webware.com. In addition, Winners may display a "Webware 100" logo on their website, subject to certain trademark and logo usage guidelines that Sponsor may provide.
7. Winners will be notified by email or telephone. To confirm their victory, winners must complete the Affidavit and General Release sent by Sponsor within fifteen days of attempted notification. If a selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible and/or fails to return the Affidavit and General Release within the designated time period, may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected from remaining valid, eligible nominations. Sponsor is not required to choose a winner.
8. Except where prohibited by law, by entering the Awards, each nominee agrees that Sponsor and its designees may use his or her name and likeness for advertising, promotional and other purposes in any and media now or hereafter known (including the right to post the nomination on CNET's website) without further compensation or notification. Neither Sponsor, nor its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, or the respective officers, directors, employees or agents of the forgoing (collectively, the "Released Parties") are responsible for (i) any injury, losses or damages of any kind resulting from participation in this Awards or acceptance, possession or use of any reward; or (ii) any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any reward, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness. If for any reason the Awards is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Awards, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the nomination or voting processes, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Awards, and judge nominations and/or votes from among all eligible, non-suspect nominations and/or votes received prior to such action. Released Parties assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, nominations or votes. Released Parties are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in these Awards. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE AWARDS IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, CNET RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. By submitting a nomination, each entrant/nominee agrees Sponsor shall own the nomination submitted (excluding the underlying website) and that it and its designees may exploit all elements of such nomination in any and all media now known or not currently known (including the right to post the nomination on Sponsor's website), without compensation to entrant/nominee or any third party and without limitation to time or territory. The Sponsor reserves all rights, including the right to edit, publish, use, adapt, exploit, modify, copy, disseminate, post or dispose of any nomination (excluding the underlying website), online, in print, film, television, or in any other media for advertising and promotional or other purposes without compensation or notification to the entrant/nominee of any kind, except as prohibited by law.
11. Winners Names: For the names of the winners, available after May 19, 2009, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: The Webware 100 Awards Winners Names, CBS Interactive 235 Second Street, San Francisco, CA 94105, to be received by June 12, 2009.