Almost everyone has that little crack between the stove and the wall or counter that collects crumbs and drips which in turn can attract bugs. If you're like me, you hate cleaning that little crack because the stove usually needs to be moved to access it. Well, I've found a solution. All you need is aluminum foil and you'll never need to clean the floor between your stove and wall ever again. Here's how:
- Measure the length of the crack and add 4 inches to the length.
- Tear off a sheet of aluminum foil that is as long as your measurement.
- Fold the strip of foil in half, length-wise.
- Fold over the edges of the foil to make a foil boat-like shape. There's no science to this step. Just crinkle the edges over to form sides.
- Slide your aluminum boat into the crack between the wall and the stove so that it is sitting on the floor and pushed back into the shadows so that casual observers can't see it.
It's kind-of like a drip pan for that little crack. The aluminum boat will catch all the crumbs and drips. All you need to do is toss it in the trash when it gets dirty, or you can rinse it off in the sink.