How to share files of any kind with your Facebook friends
Sharing pictures is absurdly easy on Facebook--but if you want to share a document, PDF, or some other kind of file, it's been easier to use e-mail or some other, slower means. Filefly is a new FB app that lets you share any file easily with friends.
Facebook makes it easy to share a few things: thoughts, links, pictures, and videos. It's not exactly known as a productivity enhancer (quite the opposite), but that doesn't mean you can't get fancy and use it to share other files, like documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and more. Filefly is a great free FB app that lets you do all that. Here's how to use it:
- Log in to Facebook and visit the Filefly app page (or just type "filefly" into the search bar), then click "Use Filefly" and accept the request for permission.
- To get started, click "New Folder." You've got several options now, many of which should be familiar.
- You may want to start by changing the default title. Click "Set Title" and type whatever you like.
- Select "Add Files" to upload files into your new folder.
- When you're ready to share your folder, click "Invite Friends" and select which friends you want to share with. They get a message that you're sharing a folder that includes a link.
It's as simple as can be, really. You're limited to 2GB, but that's plenty for most purposes, and if you need more, you may want to consider a more high-powered collaborative file-sharing arrangement instead.