How to easily share Android apps with friends and family
Wish you could share the apps you love with others?
When friends or family members get a new Android phone, you may want them to enjoy some of the same apps that you do. Alternatively, a friend may ask you about a specific app that you use, and then have an issue locating it in the Android Market. The reason for this is because the actual file name that the app uses could be different from the app's display name on your phone. Follow these quick steps for sharing apps with friends and family from your phone, or vice versa:
Editors' Note: This method has become defunct due to updates to the Android Market. You no longer need an app to help you with the process.
1. Download ShareMyApps from the Android Market.
2. Open the app and select the app(s) you want to share. There are buttons in the top right for selecting all apps or clearing current selections.
3. Press the share button up top and choose from one of the sharing options (email, SMS, kik, et. al.)
4. The link to the app in the Android Market will appear in the text entry box of the app you chose so all you have to do is press enter. You can add a personalized note, too.
5. Tell the person you're sharing with to just click the link in order to find the app in the Android Market.
Please note that if the person you're sharing the app(s) with is running a different version of Android, the app may not be available to them. This doesn't happen too often anymore, but it's still a possibility.