The iPhone and iPod Touch keyboard is very versatile, and many of its keys offer access to lists of special symbols or more, while tapping and holding one of the following keys for at least one second:
- .com when entering Web addresses in Mobile Safari to bring up options for .net, .edu and .org.
- . (period) when entering e-mail addresses in Mobile Mail to bring up the options for .net, .edu, .org and .com.
- " (double) or ' (single) quotes in the number and symbol keyboard to access alternative quotation characters.
- $ in the number and symbol keyboard to display alternative currency symbols.
- E, Y, U, I, O, A, S, L, Z, C, or N to display accented letters.
- ? or ! in the number and symbol keyboard to bring up the ¿ or ¡ symbols.