Getting started with Facebook Pages Manager for iOS
Facebook has released a Pages Manager app for the iPhone, allowing Page admins to post and monitor their Pages. Here's how to get started with the new app.
Last week, Facebook let the cat out of the bag about its new Facebook Pages Manager app for the iPhone. But, as you may be aware, the app was only available in New Zealand. Now, the app is available here in the U.S.
The app will surely come in handy for those who manage several Pages or perhaps don't want to have the Facebook app (logged in to a personal account) installed on a work device.
If you're the manager of a Page, be it for yourself or work, you can begin by downloading the app for free.
- When you first open the app, you're asked to log in. By tapping on the log-in button, you're then taken to the Facebook app to authorize the app access to your Facebook account. If you don't have the Facebook app installed, you'll be able to log in via a Web page and authorize the app.
- Once you've authorized the app, you'll be redirected back to the Pages Manager app. From there, the layout as well as look and feel of the app are nearly identical to the official Facebook app. Except, now, you're only able to view information surrounding Pages you're the admin for.
- From the main view in the Pages Manager app you'll be able to post status updates as well as photos to your Page. You'll also receive notifications when someone has Liked your Page, along with notifications for Likes and comments on posts.
- Tapping on the Filter button reveals the option to view posts from anyone on your Page, posts made by your Page, or hidden posts on the Page.
- You can view the Pages you're the admin of by tapping on the icon in the top-left corner. Here you'll also be able to view Insights (Page statistics) and the fellow admins of your Page. To switch to a different Page, select the name of the Page from the list.
- If you run a Page and are constantly having to hide or ban people from posting on your Page, you can hide or ban a member by swiping from left to right across the comment.
There isn't a whole lot to the first release of Facebook Pages Manager. iPad compatibility is missing, as is the Android version. There's no way to manage messages in the app, along with the ability to manage admins. The only support document I was able to find from Facebook surrounding the app is this mobile page, but nothing more.
What do you think about the Facebook Pages Manager app? Is this something you'll use over the core Facebook app?