Smartphones and tablets make great travel tools, but many of their best features depend on reliable Internet service. World Travel Guide gives you a smart, lovely backup and may inspire a few side trips with its great overviews of over 200 nations and major cities. Here's how to use it:
- Install the World Travel Guide app for Android and iOS here.
- Run the app.
- Browse the extensive listing of guides and select those you wish to download. Note that some are quite large, so make sure you've got room for them all.
- Check out the guides. They have overview slides with popular attractions, info on accommodations, customs, language, culture and more.
- It's a good idea to run World Travel Guide just before you take off to make sure that your guides are up-to-date. If you find yourself overnight in a place with a decent Internet connection, you can update your guides then, but it's best to just load up before you leave.
- Add your own comments or attractions, if you like. The app will hold on to your notes and thoughts, so it's a good way to keep track of your travels.
That's it! World Travel Guide isn't the only way to find cool things to do, but it is great when you're on your own and off the grid.
Here are some more apps to help you in your travels: