I subscribe to Apple Music, and couldn't be happier it's available on more than just Apple's own devices. The addition of an Android app to Apple Music solidified it as my streaming service of choice.
However, I change devices quite a bit; it's part of the job, and this recently became a problem when trying to sign into Apple Music on a new device. After entering my credentials, instead of viewing my music library, an alert informed me I had reached my 10 device limit. I didn't even know there was a limit until that very moment.
Here's how to remove a device from your iTunes account:
- Launch iTunes on a PC or Mac.
- If you're not already signed in to iTunes, click on Sign In and enter your credentials.
- If you are signed in, click on the account profile icon followed by Account Info and reenter your password when prompted.
- Under the iTunes in the Cloud section, find and click on Manage Devices.
- A list of devices you've authorized using your iTunes account will show up, with a Remove button to the right of the device name.
- Click on Remove.
If Remove is greyed out, Apple suggests signing out of Apple Music or iTunes on the particular device and trying again. I have done that one a few devices listed on my account, but the button is still greyed out. According to an Apple support document, I should have the option to remove the device after 30 days have passed since the last time the device accessed my account.